Central Board Of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi will conduct PSA (Problem Solving Assessment) Exam for class-IX and class-XI in all its schools on 20 November, 2014 (Thursday) from 10.00 A.M. to 12.00 Noon. For this session the total marks have been reduced to 60 from 90 last year but, there is no change in number of questions.
What is Problem Solving Assessment Exam (PSA Exam)
PSA is a pen-paper test to evaluate the skills of verbal communication, analytical reasoning, critical thinking, creative thinking, decision making among students. It is widely recognized that the skills of verbal communication, analytical reasoning, critical thinking, creative thinking, decision making and generic skills play a crucial role for every individual in order to be successful in personal as well as professional life. With the objectives of promoting and assessing these skills in the students, the Board initiated the conduct of Problem solving Assessment in February, 2013. The initiative of the Board has been widely accepted and appreciated by the stakeholders.
We have added PSA Study material for classes 9 and 11 for free access by the students of respective classes.
- Class-IX PSA Papers : PSA (IX)-01 | PSA (IX)-02
- Class-XI PSA Papers : PSA (XI)-01 | PSA (XI)-02
- PSA-Marking Scheme (Set-A1)-2013
- Class-IX PSA Paper 2013
- Class-XI PSA Paper 2013
Salient features of this test are as mentioned below :
- It is compulsory for all students of classes IX and XI.
- It comprises of a total of 60 items of MCQ type and carries 60 marks.
- The test will be held from 10.00 A.M. to 12.00 Noon.
- The test assesses life skills related to the following three domains : Language conventions, qualitative reasoning and quantitative reasoning.
- The items included in the test aim to assess students’ ability to process, interpret and use information rather than assessing their prior subject matter knowledge.
- The assessment in English or Hindi include items to test grammar, usage, vocabulary in context and passage completion.
- The question paper will be bilingual.
- PSA score will be counted towards FA-4 which is 10% of total assessments for class-IX. This score will be reflected equally in one language (English or Hindi), Mathematics, Science and Social Science. Class-XI students will be issued a separate certificate for the same.
- Students studying in class X and XII in the current session (who appeared in PSA while studying in classes IX and XI during the previous session) who wish to improve in PSA are allowed to do so. Related information may be indicated clearly at the time of submission of list of candidates (LOC) for 2015 annual examination.
- There will be no separate registration for appearing in PSA.
- A nominal fee of Rs.100/- per student for appearing in PSA is to be submitted by the school at the time of submission of other details.
The schools may contact Dr. Sadhana Parashar, Director (ART & I) at email@example.com or Mr. R.P. Sharma Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further clarification, if need be.
Read the circular issued by the board here : PSA-Circular.