CBSE Board Exams 2018 are beginning from March 05 and the Class XII Mathematics exam is scheduled for March 21, 2018.
This paper is one such subject in which you can most easily score a Century if you practice well.
Here are a few Important Tips from our point of view, to get Full 100 Marks in your Class XII CBSE Mathematics Exam.
(1) Relations & Functions
- Learn how to give Proper Reasoning for questions based on Equivalence relation/ Reflexive relation/ Symmetric relation/ Transitive relation.
- Focus on how to Prove a function as Onto.
- Learn how to check if an operation is Binary or not.
(2) Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- Memorize Range of Inverse Trigo. Functions in the Principal Branch. Also learn to find Range other than PV Branch.
- Be alert for those questions where condition/ interval is given.
- Don’t forget to verify the answer of inverse trigo. equations.
(3) Matrices & Determinants
- Word Problems to be given proper attention.
- Sums of Elementary Operations should be dealt with care. For the sums of Matrix Elementary Operation, do not change rows and columns together in the same sum. For row transformation, change only row, and for column transformation, change only column.
- Use properties of determinants, when required/ asked.
(4) Continuity & Differentiability
- Depict Limit Changes in the questions of continuity & differentiability, if needed.
- When finding Second Order Derivative of parametric functions, be alert of possible error (of forgetting to apply Chain rule).
- Memorize statements of Rolle’s Theorem & MV Theorem.
(5) Applications Of Derivatives
- Special care to be given to topics like Differentials & Errors, Rate of change. Put Correct intervals in Increasing/ decreasing sums.
- Keep Tricky formulas on tips.
- Don’t forget to put dx. Also write C, i.e., Constant of integration at the end of solution in indefinite integrals.
- Learn ways to quickly solve sums of Partial fraction.
- Don’t forget to apply properties in definite integrals, if needed.
(7) Application Of Integrals
- Diagram to be made by using Pencil.
- Put correct limits in area function.
(8) Differential Equations
- Be alert for Removal of arbitrary constants/ parameters in formation of differential equations.
- Don’t forget to find value of integral constant in cases of particular solutions of differential equations.
(9) Vector Algebra
- Don’t forget to put Overhead arrow over the alphabets representing vectors.
(10) 3 Dimensional Geometry
- Learn the Tricky Formulas. There are a lot of them in this chapter.
(11) Linear Programming
- Construct Graph using pencil. Apart from that, the shading in the feasible region should be done using pencil too.
- Draw ‘dotted line’ in case of unbounded feasible region.
- Write Events wherever needed.
- Write proper formula for Total probability & Bayes’ Theorem.
- Do calculations tactfully.
In 1-mark questions, always try to write the Correct Answer of the sum. If steps are correct and answer is wrong, step marking becomes very difficult.
Dear students, keep your fingers crossed and keep practicing Sample Papers and Previous years’ papers! If your preparation is up to the mark, these tips will help you to get a perfect score in your CBSE Maths Exam!
O.P. Gupta, Math Mentor