Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi will be conducting the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (popularly abbreviated as CTET) for determining a candidate’s eligibility for his/her appointment as a teacher for classes I to VIII on September 21, 2014 (Sunday).
CTET shall apply to schools of NCT of Delhi, Central Government (KVS, NVS, Tibetan Schools, etc.) and those schools which are under the administrative control of Union Territories. CTET may also apply to other institutions like unaided private schools and other state government schools, if they exercise the option of considering the CTET for their recruitment process.
Minimum Qualifications for becoming Teacher for Classes I-V:
Candidates should have passed Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50 percent marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education
Minimum Qualifications for becoming Teacher for Classes VI-VIII:
Candidates should have completed graduation with at least 50 percent marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.).
Paper Pattern :
All questions in CTET test will be Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs), each carrying one mark, with four alternatives out of which one answer will be correct. There will be no negative marking.
There will be two papers of CTET.
(i) Paper I will be for a person who intents to be a teacher for classes I to V.
(ii) Paper II will be for a person who intents to be a teacher for classes VI to VIII.
How to Apply :
Visit the official website ctet.nic.in.
Fill in the application form with all your correct details and upload the passport size photograph and signature and submit application.
Print and pay the challan at Syndicate Bank or pay the fee using Debit/Credit card.
After paying the fee, update fee details on CTET website given above and print the confirmation page and retain it for future reference.
Application Fee :
Paper – I or Paper – II : Rs.600 (General/OBC), Rs.300 (SC/ST/Diff. Abled)
Paper – I & II : Rs.1000 (General/OBC), Rs.500 (SC/ST/Diff. Abled)
Important Dates :
CTET last date of application submission : August 04, 2014
Last date of fee deposit : August 06, 2014
CTET 2014 exam date : September 21, 2014
The application process for the same has been mentioned below:
- The candidates can log in to the official website ctet.nic.in.
- The candidates should then click on the link “apply online“.
- Thereafter, the candidates are required to fill in the online application form part-I and note down the registration number.
- Then, the candidates should upload scanned images of photograph and signature in the online application form part-II.
- The candidates are then required to make the fee payment through debit/credit card or download challan for payment in the designated accounts of Syndicate Bank or Canara Bank.
- Then the candidates should fill in the online application form part-III furnishing/updating the details of fee, if paid, through challan of the Bank.
- Thereafter, the candidates should take a hard copy of the confirmation page for completing part-IV and keep it for the future reference along with challan, (if fee paid through challan mode).
- The candidates should submit the information. At the end of the page, two links “Next” and “Reset” are given. If the candidates are satisfied that filled in information is correct then the candidates should click “Next” otherwise “Reset”. After opening “Next”, information submitted can be checked and if information is correct, the candidates should go for “Final Submit” otherwise click on “Back”.
- After final submission of data, the programme will automatically take the candidates to second link for uploading images of photograph and signature in JPG format only.
- After final submission of data, the programme will automatically take the candidates to third link for payment of fees.
- The candidates are then required to follow the instructions and submit the fee. After successful submission of fee, the programme will take the candidates to fourth link to take the printout of the confirmation page.
- The candidates’ particulars entered can be edited till the payment of fees has not been made. The candidate’s particulars cannot be changed/edited once the examination fees have been submitted. Thereafter corrections in the particulars can be made during the period online corrections will be permitted from August 12 to August 19.
- No change will be accepted through offline mode i.e. through fax/application or by email etc. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- All the four links for online submission of application form, uploading of images, payment of fee, updation of fees details and taking printout of confirmation page can also be used separately.