The placement session at the National Law School of India University started on April 9, 2014 with 30 offers being extended by 5 premier law firms on the very first day.
According to the news report, out of 30 offers, 17 were accepted. Students also bagged impressive Pre Placement Offers (PPOs).
Amarchand and Mangaldas jointly hired 5 students, while Luthera and Luthera hired 3. Trilegal and Khaithan & Company each picked 4 law graduates while AZB hired one student.
The top annual salary package offer which was extended on Day one was Rs 17 lakh while the average package was around Rs 1 lakh per month.
50 out of 70 students of the batch registered for the campus placements . Some of the candidates will go for the Civil Services while few others are planning to pursue further education. Around 12 students are expected to opt for litigation.
For the first time, lawyers are expected to visit the NLSIU campus to hire students through the Recruitment Coordination Committee (RCC). Earlier, lawyers used to hire students on the basis of individual applications only. The RCC is now responsible to formalize the process. It has already been approached by 2 alumni for the purpose.
A total of 12 students landed placements on Day one last year. Moreover, 16 students got PPOs
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Combined Graduate Level Examinations 2014 exams were to begin from April 27, 2014 however they have been postponed due to clashes with the General Elections. Take a look at the paper pattern for the SSC CGL 2014 exams.
The Examination will be conducted in three tiers as indicated below :
Tier I – Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
Tier II – Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
Tier III – Personality Test cum Interview/Computer Proficiency Test/Skill Test (wherever applicable)/Document Verification
Paper Pattern :
Tier I –
The Tier I written examination consists of objective type multiple choice questions for a total of 200 marks. Negative marking is applicable with 0.25 marks deducted for each incorrect answer. The exam is to be completed in 2 hours and is divided into four sections:
1. General Intelligence and Reasoning – 50 marks
2. General Awareness – 50 marks
3. Quantitative Aptitude – 50 marks
4. English Comprehension – 50 marks
Total Marks – 200
Tier II –
The Tier II written exam is based on which post you have applied for. The written exam is divided broadly into two categories:
1. Posts for which Interview is prescribed other than Statistical Investigator Grade-II and Posts for which no Interview is prescribed, other than Compiler. Written exam will consist of two Papers: Quantitative Abilities: 200 marks (100 Questions) and English Language Comprehension: 200 marks.
2. Statistical Investigator Grade-II and Compiler
Written exam will consist of three Papers: Quantitative Abilities: 200 marks (100 Questions) English Language Comprehension: 200 marks and Paper-III Statistics
Only the candidates clearing the Tier I exam will be eligible for the Tier II exam. The qualifying marks for the Tier I exam will be decided by the Commission after the Tier I exam at their discretion. The qualifying marks will be set based on the category-wise vacancies and the number of candidates. Although the Tier I exam is used as a qualifying exam for Tier II examination, the Tier I marks will be considered for final selection.Read More
Nagaland University has given a notification for the recruitment of 57 Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor posts in various disciplines. Eligible candidates may send their applications on or before March 31
Professor: 28 Posts
Associate Professor: 13 Posts
Assistant Professor: 16 Posts
- Candidates must possess Ph.D in relevant discipline and Bachelor or Master’s degree with at least 55% marks.
- Check detailed advertisement in website for eligibility criteria and work experience as they vary from post to post
Selection procedure :
Candidates will be selected based on performance in Interview
How to apply :
- Eligible candidates have to send their biodata giving all academic document from matriculation onwards in support of their qualification, research and teaching experience along with three passport size photographs, attested copies of certificates, bank counterfoil and a self addressed envelope, superscribed with “Application for the post of ——-.”, addressed to Recruitment Cell (Establishment Section-II), Nagaland University, Headquarters Lumami, P.O. Lumami, Pin-798627, District Zunheboto, Nagaland on or before 31-03-2014
- Application fee (excluding bank charges) is of Rs 500 (General Category) and Rs.250 (SC/ST/OBC) must be deposited in Nagaland University Account No.30351467507 payable at S.B.I. Lumami Branch (Code No-13380). Counter foil issued by the Bank shall be attached to the application as proof of deposit.
Last Date for Submission of Applications: 31-03-2014.
For official application link : Click Here
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is conducting a Combined Medical Services Exam on June 22. The interested and eligible candidates can apply online latest by April 21.
The candidates should not be more than 32 years in age.
In order to sit for the examination, the candidates should have cleared the written and practical parts of the final MBBS Examination.
The candidates are required to pay an application fee of Rs 200 and deposit it in any of the SBI Branch by cash or by using net banking facility.
How to apply:
The candidates can apply online through the official UPSC website. Also, attested copies of certificate of age, certificate of educational qualification and other required documents need to be inserted.
The examination will be held in two papers, Paper I and Paper II. Each paper will carry 250 marks creating the total to 500 marks. Each paper will be given a time duration of two hours to be completed.
Paper I: 250 marks- 120 questions
General ability: 30 questions
General Medicine: 70 questions
Paediatrics: 20 questions.
Paper II: 250 marks- 120 questions
Surgery: 40 questions
Gynaecology and Obstetrics: 40 questions
Preventive and Social Medicine: 40 questions